Translate

Translate

Translate

Translate

Friday, May 9, 2014

Are you CRAZY?

Like me?

It doesn't make sense, what I'm doing.  Which is crazy.   I don't gamble, or text while driving, or behave in reckless ways or indulge too much in anything and have no substance abuse issues. And I have an advanced degree, a solid career, and have exercised good judgement (mostly) throughout my life. 

And yet. 

I should and do know better. Don't put all your eggs in one basket, diversify risk, don't gamble with money but invest. I know all that, like you, fellow Ariad investor. 

And yet. 

And yet, truth be told, my portfolio is lopsided. I have way too much Ariad, 65-75% in this single stock, which I know is completely crazy and breaks every rule about rationale investing and responsible behavior and, honestly, it feels dark. Like a secret or a flaw or weakness or some Greek tragedy in the making. 

And yet.

I don't think I'm crazy. I've done my homework, understand the pipeline, have estimated the value of future indications of Iclusig (one of them, anyway), have looked at Ariad 10 year trends read all of their SEC filings (seriously) studied the bios of their entire executive team and tried to educate myself on oncology and the epidemiology of cancer and...you name it. I've don'e my due diligence, extreme due diligence, and I can't for the life of me conclude that there's an end game other than 20. Or higher. In spite of AF and the other naysayers that, in my humble opinion, have not done their DD, I can't see any other outcome than up. Way up. 

So, I'm comfortable being crazy and breaking rules and taking the risk of putting nearly all my chips on one stock.  But help me out here. Do you have a compelling reason that I, that you, should do otherwise given everything we know about Ariad?

Or are you as crazy as me?

TC

2 comments:

  1. TC, glad to know I am not alone on this one! I am, as crazy as you are and my portfolio is very lopsided as well..

    CB

    ReplyDelete
  2. How bout all eggs.....one basket. I am all in ARIA, that's all in "big".

    ReplyDelete

Comments?